• As an Cornwall's official Chamber of Commerce we have the links to ensure your voice gets heard!

    We are successfully lobbying to government the opinions and concerns of the Cornish Business Community every week. As an accredited Chamber we have direct links to the British Chambers of Commerce who are in daily meetings with Rishi Sunak, Alok Sharma and Sir Jonathan Thompson, these links enable us to make your voice louder!

  • Recent Updates Recent Updates

    The British Business Bank  update on Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) 

    Access to the scheme has been opened up to smaller businesses that previously would not have been eligible. The expanded scheme will be operational with lenders from Monday 6th April. 

    New scheme features

    • No personal guarantees for facilities under £250k: Personal guarantees of any form cannot be taken under the scheme for any facilities below £250k.
    • Personal guarantees for facilities above £250k: Personal guarantees may still be required, at a lender’s discretion, but recoveries under these are capped at a maximum of 20% of the outstanding balance of the CBILS facility after the proceeds of business assets have been applied.
    • A Principal Private Residence (PPR) cannot be taken as security to support a personal guarantee or as security for a CBIL backed facility.
    • Security: For all facilities, including those over £250,000, CBILS can now support lending to smaller businesses even where a lender considers there to be sufficient security, making more smaller businesses eligible to receive the business interruption payment.

    This information can be shared with your SME clients and networks, but please note that any queries by SMEs in relation to their specific circumstances must be directed to their lender or one of the accredited CBILS lenders and not to the BBB. The Frequently Asked Questions for SMEs have also been updated on our website, and are available here.

  • British Chambers of Commerce British Chambers of Commerce

    The British Chambers of Commerce have put together a series of FAQs on UK Government Support Measures.

    FAQs on: Business Rates holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses | Coronavirus Business Inturruption Loan Scheme| Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme | Deferral of VAT for 3 months | Grants for small businesses eligible for Small Business Rate Relief | Grants for Retail, hospitality and leisure small businesses | Self-Emplyment Income Support Scheme | Statutory Sick Pay | Time to Pay

    These are being updated when more guidance becomes available to keep checking back!

  • Guidance for Businesses Guidance for Businesses

    What you need to know about Coronavirus - Guidance for employers and businesses

    Including: Symptoms, Keeping your business open, Travel Arangements, Sick Pay, Certifying absence from work, What to do if an employee needs time off to look after someone, limiting the spread in workplaces and businesses, cleaning and waste, handling post / packages

    List of Businesses that must remain closed to reduce social contact and the spread of Coronavirus 

    Takeaway and delivery services may remain open and operational in line with the guidance. 

  • Guidance for Employees Guidance for Employees

    What you need to know - Guidance for employees

    Going to Work 

    You should work from home unless it is impossible for you to do so. 

    Staying at Home

    If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 however mild you must stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when symptoms started. 

    Sick Pay 

    you can get £94.25 per week Statutory Sick Pay if you are too ill to work. This is paid by your employer for up to 28 weeks. If you are staying at home due to COVID-19 you can now claim SSP. This includes if you are caring for people in your household and therefore are taking advice by performing a household quarantine. 

    If you're self-employed or not eligible for SSP

    If you are self-employed or earning below the Lower Earnings Limit of £118 per week and have COVID-19 you can now more easily claim Universal Credit  or Employment and Support Allowance

    Furloughed Workers 

    If you and your employer both agree, your employer might be able to keep you on the payroll if they’re unable to operate or have no work for you to do because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This is known as being ‘on furlough’.

    You could get paid 80% of your wages, up to a monthly cap of £2,500.

    If your salary is reduced as a result of these changes, you may be eligible for support through the welfare system, including Universal Credit.

    Check if you could be covered by the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.



  • Support for Charities Support for Charities

    Charities Aid Foundation 

    Grants of up to £10,000 are available for charitable organisations in the UK that have been affected by Coronavirus. 

    Cornwall Community Foundation 

    Supporting frontline organisations for immediate relief. These grants are to cover the costs for additional work, over and above normal activities, and in response to the immediate relief of COVID-19 to your members or beneficiaries.


  • Can you Help? Can you Help?

    Call for Businesses to help make NHS Ventilators 

    The government is looking for businesses who can support in the supply of ventilators and ventilator components across the UK as part of our response to COVID-19.

    Producing Hand Sanitiser

    Temporary changes to the use and supply of denatured alcohol and duty-free spirits, to help businesses who produce hand sanitiser and gel.

    Offer coronavirus support from your businesses

    • Carosel-Image-media-partners.jpg
    • Carosel-Image-business-partners.jpg
    • Carosel-Image-GSW-partners.jpg