Legal fundamentals – getting the foundations right for your business
Part of the University of Exeter’s Evolve Futures programme of business support services, products and activities, all fully funded through the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Good Growth Hub and Shared Prosperity Fund this event is on Wednesday 22ND November 2023. Join in online or, for the best experience, come along in person to The Trevithick Suite in the ESI Café on Penryn Campus, TR10 9FE (What3Words: gullible.fresh.surround)
Good legal foundations for your business are essential. Join us to take a look at legal considerations early-stage businesses need to make sure they are setting up with good practice in mind, suitable to ensure long term resilience, inclusivity and sustainability and to give confidence to future grant funders and investors.
- Learn more about choosing the right company constitution
- Discover the importance of well drafted founder and shareholder agreements
- Hear from legal experts and peers about the legal risks, liabilities and obligations you need to consider
- Understand what good legal housekeeping practices look like. Ask questions, join the debate
- Be part of the conversation: meet peers, develop your network, access sector experts
This event is aimed at SMEs and early-stage business owners who:
- are interested in learning more about how to ensure their legal business foundations are fit for purpose and ensuring that decisions made early on align with long term vision and goals
- want to be able to make informed decisions for sustainable and inclusive growth and employment whilst protecting their business and personal assets
- wish to develop their network and connections
This Evolve Futures event is funded by the UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. Cornwall Council has been chosen by Government as a Lead Authority for the fund and is responsible for monitoring the progress of projects funded through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
Light refreshment breakfast pastries and hot drinks will be available. Special dietary requirements can be requested upon booking
Click here to book your place >> https://legals_SU-01.eventbrite.co.uk
‘Please be aware that the members directory on our website is available to the public. Contact information contained therein could be used for malicious purposes such as phishing emails. Please be aware of this and take the necessary precautions.’