A30 Chiverton to Carland Cross project - National Highways / Costain / Jacobs
Construction / Architects / Quantity SurveyorsCouncil / Government Manufacturing / ProductionTransport / Logistics / Shipping
On 6 February 2020, the Secretary of State for Transport gave the go ahead for the A30 Chiverton to Carland Cross scheme to be built by granting the Development Consent Order. We then awarded the contract to the Costain Jacobs partnership; and completed detailed construction planning as well as work involving environmental and archaeological surveys. We acquired the necessary permanent and temporary land parcels and set-up site.
In March 2020, construction works started. We worked round the issues created by Covid-19, breaking ground to build the road, construct the many underpasses and overbridges, attenuation ponds, Cornish hedge and other infrastructure.
We are constructing:
- 10 new underpasses and underbridges
- 3 new bridges over the new road
- Refurbishment of an existing structure
- Over 2.6 million cubic metres of earthworks
- 33 new culverts and wildlife crossings
- Nearly 29 miles of new highway drainage
- Over 12 miles of wildlife proof fencing
- New badger setts and bat roosts
- 8 miles of Cornish hedge
‘Please be aware that the members directory on our website is available to the public. Contact information contained therein could be used for malicious purposes such as phishing emails. Please be aware of this and take the necessary precautions.’