CORNWALL FESTIVAL OF BUSINESS
HOST AN EVENT
Last year we had over 60 events take place in just 1 week ranging from masterclasses, open days, conferences, ‘in conversation with’ style events and more. Events should be free to attend where possible, if you would like to obtain sponsorship for your event to cover costs that is fine.
Please be aware that it is your responsibility to host and arrange all aspects of the event. The Chamber will only be supporting the promotion of the event through the Chamber Website, social media and exclusive Festival of Business emails.
Interested in hosting an event? Great, just ensure your event meets the below criteria.
IN ORDER TO ENSURE EVENTS MEET THE OBJECTIVES OF THE FESTIVAL, THEY SHOULD AIM TO MEET AT LEAST TWO OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Benefit the local businesses community, such as opportunities to interact, engage, promote, share best practice, learn new skills and network
- Aim to increase economic growth and drive inward investment for the region
- Showcase what Cornwall has to offer, demonstrating to the wider world the prominence within the region
- Strengthen ongoing partnerships or develop new collaborations between research and academic institutions, local authorities and businesses
- Help to increase employability and grow talent within the region, raise aspirations, cultivate future stars and show opportunities for progression
- Drive business engagement and cross-sector collaboration
- Have potential to attract interest from businesses and individuals from outside of the region in order to cultivate a range of local, national and international links
- Focus on wider issues or controversial topics, for example new technologies, innovation, economic issues or address challenges facing the local economy
Tickets must be distributed on a first come first served basis
Due to the high volume of events within this week please be aware numbers at events might be less than you are used to.
Not sure if your event idea meets the criteria? Get in touch, we would be more than happy to talk through your idea with you.
When to host your event!
Host your event on:
Monday 2nd November
Tuesday 3rd November
Thursday 5th November
Friday 6th November
Please note: Wednesday 4th November is reserved for Cornwall Chamber of Commerce if you upload your event on this day, it will not be approved.
Online webinar software
Microsoft Teams / Live Teams
If you would like any webinar support please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual vs face to face events
As lockdown restrictions start to ease the Government have proposed that business events and conferences will be permitted to resume from the 1st October, provided the rate of infection remain at the current levels.
The guidance makes clear that the following measures should be considered to allow for safe resumption of business events and conferences:
- Attendees will need to pre-book and pre-register to attend events
- Contactless registration systems will be introduced at venues to reduce waiting times and limit contact between organisers and guests
- A digital first approach will be adopted to eliminate the need for physical badges and lanyards
- Paper handouts and gifts will no longer be offered
- Entrance to event or conference spaces will be staggered to reduce queuing and overall capacity will be limited to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- Events will be planned around one way systems for visitors
- Spaces between exhibition booths will be increased and aisles widened to achieve social distancing requirements
- All venues will also have enhanced cleaning procedures, with hand washing and sanitising facilities at frequent intervals
It is your decision whether you would like to plan a face to face event or webinar. However Cornwall Chamber of Commerce will not take responsibility if the guidelines change nearer the time preventing face to face business events and conferences going ahead. As a precaution Cornwall Chamber of Commerce will continue to plan webinars until further notice.